[BioC] error: table with indices

Thomas Turner tlturner at ucdavis.edu
Thu Aug 26 01:11:59 CEST 2004

Dear helpful compatriots,

I want to write a table with 1) probe names 2) probe indices or x,y
coordinates and 3) pm intensities.  I used:

> names <- probeNames(data)
> pms <- pm(data)
> pm.i <- indexProbes(data,which="pm")

which seems to have given me the all the data I need, but when I try and
add them to a data frame or use write.table, I get an error:

> data.frame(names,pms,pm.i)
Error in data.frame("1116_at" = as.integer(c(167985, 156395, 417100,
287306,  :
        arguments imply differing number of rows: 16, 11, 8, 9, 10, 20, 69

The same error, when trying to write the indices by themselves:

> write.table(pm.i,file="pmi.txt")
Error in data.frame("1116_at" = as.integer(c(167985, 156395, 417100,
287306,  :
        arguments imply differing number of rows: 16, 11, 8, 9, 10, 20, 69

 I only get this error when trying to include indices.  I need the
indices so that I can match my BioC output up with BLAST info that is
based on x,y coordinates.  If there is a way to write the x,y coordinates
directly instead of the indices, that would save me the conversion.

Thank you as always,

Tom Turner