[BioC] Annotation of Affymetrix hgu133plus2 chip

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 31 14:59:14 CEST 2004

Hi,
 We can only maintain two branches (it is not like we have unlimited
resources), but given that we release twice a year this should not be
 a substantial problem. If you use the devel branch, then you should
 use all of it, all software and data. The devel data packages
 typically do not work with the release branch of the other software
 tools (like Biobase, affy or annotate).

  This project, like many others relies on user contributions (and
  typically that requires more than just submitting your package, but
  rather doing some of the basic organizational and other work that
  does not get so much credit - writing documentation, as some have
  recently pointed out). If anyone would like to contribute to
  the project, I am sure that we can help them to set up regular
  rebuilds of the release arm, but please don't get the idea that we
  have some enourmous amount of time and manpower that are not being
  used.

 Robert

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 08:23:00AM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> This implies that one needs to use development versions of annotate,
> GO, etc. to be "compatible"?  Just for clarification....
>
> On Aug 31, 2004, at 8:17 AM, John Zhang wrote:
>

> >> Jianhua can correct me, but I think they are updated quarterly, so
> >> some
> >> of the annotation is likely to have changed.
> >
> > Now we have both the release and developmental tracks that work with
> > the release
> > and developmental BioC packages, respectively. Only the developmental
> > track gets
> > updated quartely. To get the devel verion you do:
> >
> >> library(reposTools)
> >> install.packages2(PkgName, develOK = TRUE)
> >

> >> Sean

> > Jianhua Zhang
> > Department of Biostatistics
> > Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
> > 44 Binney Street
> > Boston, MA 02115-6084

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |