[BioC] Limma and limmaGUI with Imagene files, problems/bugs report

STKH (Steen Krogsgaard) StKH at novozymes.com
Wed Dec 1 13:54:46 CET 2004

Hi,

we routinely analyze Imagene files with BioC, so perhaps I can answer
some of your problems.

First, you have to define one metagrid for all your spots, BioC won't
understand fields. We have a 4x6 grid spotted twice on the slides, so we
have defined a 4x12 metagrid. I guess you can modify your imagene output
text files in e.g. excel to cope with the grid problem, but I find that
tedious. So define your grid in Imagene once and for all.

readTargets: I do it exactly the way you describe, first readTargets and
the matrix. Is that a problem? It's just two lines of code...

Spottypes: Be sure that the heading of your ID column in the spottypes
file is "Gene ID" (exact spelling but without quotes), then
controlStatus (which I assume you meant when you wrote controlTypes)
will match to the right column in RG (RG at genes@Gene ID).

Hope this helps
Steen