[BioC] AffyRNAdeg slopes

Vawter, Marquis mvawter at uci.edu
Mon Dec 6 20:14:30 CET 2004

Hi Jim, just a follow-up to your post, when you referred to outliers on the
density plot in discussing AffyRNAdeg slopes, is this a function within the
AffyRNAdeg program?  Best wishes, Mark
"Anyway, in my experience, large differences in slope are less critical than
big differences between the density plots. I find that outliers on the
density plot nearly always require a redo of the chip, whereas chips with
very different slopes in the RNA degradation plot may be usable."

Marquis P. Vawter, Ph.D.
Director, Functional Genomics Laboratory
Department of Psychiatry & HB
Medical Science - D433, Zot Code 1675
University of California, College of Medicine
Irvine CA 92697-1675

Email mvawter at uci.edu <mailto:mvawter at uci.edu>
Phone 949-824-9014
Fax 949-824-7012

Lab: Gillespie Neuroscience Bldg., Room 3226
Zot code 4260B.
Lab: 949-824-9170