[BioC] Limma FDR question

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Dec 10 13:50:26 CET 2004

See ?p.adjust for specifics.  However, in a particular case, if one has
100 genes with fdr less than 0.05, then 5 out of that 100 are expected
to be false positive.  In other words, for any given fdr cutoff x, if
there are N genes with fdr<x, then x*N genes are expected to be false
discoveries.

Sean