[BioC] Using different processed data in limma package

Giovanni Coppola gcoppola at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 22 21:31:32 CET 2004

Hi Marcus and Mari,
ok, but how to create MAList objects starting by Agilent normalized data?
In other words, is it possible to bypass the normalization step and to
apply fit and EBayes to green and red processed signals from the Agilent
output?
This is to compare the top genes identified a) starting by the Agilent
normalized data and 2) following the limma pipeline
It would be nice to have kind of MAa<-MA.Ag(Agilent dataset) command,
reading the rProcessedSignal and gProcessedSignal columns from the Agilent
dataset and creating the MAList object to be analyzed with fit and EBayes
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Giovanni