[BioC] Installing Bioconductor under

John Cornell jecornell at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 27 04:43:38 CET 2004

I recently got rid of my Windows machine and bought an IMac G5.  I
downloaded and installed R.  Now, I want to download and install
Bioconductor programs.   The download goes smoothly, but the
installation fails with the following error message.

ERROR: failed to lock directory
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.1/Resources/library' for
modifying
Try removing
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.1/Resources/library/00LOCK'

I looked for the the 00LOCK, but I could not find /Frameworks and its
subdirectories under /Library.

Can someone help me solve this problem.
Cheers,
John Cornell