[BioC] problems with affy & widgets

Edoardo Saccenti saccenti at cerm.unifi.it
Mon Dec 27 13:36:34 CET 2004

Dear Friends,
I'm new to R and BioConductor.
I'm trying to get used with affy packages and I'm following
the basic instructions as in "Description of affy" by Gautier et all.

I'm experiencing problems with the use of the tkwidgets.
typing:
	R> Data <- ReadAffy(widget=TRUE)
I get:
	Xlib: No protocol specified
	Error in fun(...) : this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't connect to display
	":0.0"
	Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'tcltk'
	Error in fun(...) : Package tcltk not able to be loaded!
	Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'widgetTools'
	Error: package 'widgetTools' could not be loaded

Any suggestion? Or simply I can't disply GUI?
I'm working under Linux - Suse 9.1

Thanks
Edoardo

--
"Raffiniert ist der Herr Gott,
 aber boshaft ist Er nicht."

---
Dr. Edoardo Saccenti
FiorGen Pharmacogenomics Foundation
CERM Nuclear Magnetic Resonace Research Center
Scientific Pole - University of Florence
Via Luigi Sacconi n° 6
50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI)
tel: +39 055 4574193
fax: +39 055 4574253