[BioC] persistent errors

Edoardo Saccenti saccenti at cerm.unifi.it
Tue Dec 28 17:38:36 CET 2004

Trying to install XML package as many of you
have kindly told me, i get others error:
is the first time I experience such a lot of problems....
maybe a not well done R installation?? or simply a dependencies problem?

> install.packages2("XML")
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Source
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download XML from
http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing XML"
* Installing *source* package 'XML' ...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for xml-config... no
checking for xml2-config... no
Cannot find xml2-config
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'XML'
>From URL:  http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository
        XML version 0.95-6

Warning message:
Installation of package XML had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName,
pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

THANKS a LOT
ed
--
"Raffiniert ist der Herr Gott,
 aber boshaft ist Er nicht."

---
Dr. Edoardo Saccenti
FiorGen Pharmacogenomics Foundation
CERM Nuclear Magnetic Resonace Research Center
Scientific Pole - University of Florence
Via Luigi Sacconi n° 6
50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI)
tel: +39 055 4574193
fax: +39 055 4574253