[BioC] XML installation

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Feb 5 00:03:37 MET 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 01:59:49PM -0500, Roger Vallejo wrote:
> I am trying to install the XML and AnnBuilder packages in a SUN SOLARIS.
> I have problems installing the XML. I got these error messages (please
> see below).
>
> I can guess that the problem is due to this:
>

> checking for xml-config... no
>
> checking for xml2-config... no
>
> Cannot find xml2-config
>
> I would appreciate any hint on how to fix this problem. Thanks a lot.

Installing R packages on Solaris (indeed any *NIX system) may require the compilation of some source code. This may require
additonal libraries avaliable. In this case you need the prescence of either libxml or libxml2. I'm not too familiar with Solaris,
but I am pretty sure one of these packages may be download from Sun's site (or some other repository). Follow the installation
instructions, and it should work. In case you still have problems (and have installed the packages), the problem may be that the
compiler is unable to find said libraries. This may be solved by configuring your system - one possibility is setting the environment
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to a suitable value.

--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistent
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen