[BioC] Development of GCRMA-like methods

Matthew Hannah Hannah at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Fri Feb 6 08:52:06 MET 2004

>The signal intensity is more a function of the CT content.
>The lights attach to the back of the of Gs and As on the target cDNA.
>Remarkeably, this is syergistic : the more Cs and Ts you have lined
>up together, the more the signal. The locaion of the Cs and Ts are
>also important. They are stronger in the middle.

>Label gets put on the cDNA.  RNA is converted to
>cDNA at the last step.

I think theres some confusion as to target and probe? My understanding
was that RNA>cDNA>labelled cRNA (I missed the 'c' in the last post). The
labelled nucleotides used are U and C. I understand your reply as C & Ts
(on the probe) increase the signal because they bind the labelled Gs &
As, but surely it is the reverse with the binding of Gs & As (probe) to
Cs & Us (target) being depressed due to interferance from the biotin
labels?

Cheers,
Matt