[BioC] marray or rma?

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasa01 at cancer.org.uk
Sun Feb 22 00:58:37 MET 2004

'marray' is a package designed for spotted two color arrays.

rma is a function in the 'affy' package which is designed for Affymetrix
chips. If your data is affymetrix, then you need the CEL files and
something along this line :

setwd("/path/to/cel/files")
# change working dir OR you can use the option filenames in ReadAffy()

raw <- ReadAffy()
out <- rma(raw)
expressionValues <- exprs(out)

write.table( expressionValues, file="out.txt", sep="\t", quote=FALSE)

This will get you the expression values in a matrix format.

Regards, Adai.