[BioC] Heatmap

Johan Lindberg johanl at kiev.biotech.kth.se
Fri Jan 2 10:04:14 MET 2004

I am trying to plot a matrix of m-values in a heatmap with "average
linkage". The rows are M-values of genes and the columns are my slides.
I do the following and get the following error message:

 > heatmap(Matrix[,],Rowv=as.dendrogram(gclus),Colv=as.dendrogram(sclus),
col=rbg)
Error in match.fun(FUN) : evaluation is nested too deeply: infinite recursion?
Error: evaluation is nested too deeply: infinite recursion?
#But this is not the case since I can plot the rows (genes) if I plot them
without my columns (slides).
plot(sclus, main = paste("Dendrogram: Coph = " , round(coph1columns, 2)))
#This works, why?????????? Strange????
And even more strange, it works if I choose another distance method like
"single" or "complete" linkage.

I would really appreciate som help :)

/ Johan

Johan Lindberg
Royal Institute of Technology
AlbaNova University Center
Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Biotechnology
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone (office): +46 8 553 783 45
Fax: + 46 8 553 784 81
Visiting adress: Roslagstullsbacken 21, Floor 3
Delivery adress: Roslagsvägen 30B