[BioC] Affy cel file processing - system requirements

Francois Collin fcollin at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 7 22:38:03 MET 2004

Dear list:
I know this has been discussed before, but I can't open the link to the  Bioconductor Archives.
My question is regarding the key system requirements to be able to "comfortably" analyze Affy cel files.  The bottleneck on my machine (more like a dead end) is trying to run bg.adjust.gcrma().  I'm running Windows 2000, on a Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHz with 526M of RAM.  Is there informed opinion on the relative importance of the various factors?
Operating  system: Windows vs Linux/Unix?
Speed of Processor?
Memory capacity?
Other factors?

Thanks