[BioC] spatial correlation and design question

Simon Melov smelov at buckinstitute.org
Tue Jan 13 01:41:26 MET 2004

Hi,
I am trying to estimate the spatial correlation for a series of arrays.
My design encompasses 9 separate groups (4-5 technical reps per group),
and each array has each gene spotted 4 times. When I estimate the
spatial correlation as per the guide, I only get one number.  Given
that I have 9 distinct groups as defined by my design, shouldnt I get 9
separate correlations for use in the gls.series function?

thanks

Simon.