[BioC] Combine function in matchprobes

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 16 21:10:15 MET 2004

Well, the man page for combine says:
Usage:

     combine(batch, probepkg, newcdf, verbose=TRUE)

Arguments:

   batch: A 'list' of AffyBatches.

probepkg: A character vector of the same length as 'batch', containing
          the names of the probe sequences libraries (for example,
          'hgu133aprobe') that go with the AffyBatches.

  newcdf: Character. The name of the name CDF environment that is to
  be
          created.

 verbose: Logical. If TRUE, messages are printed to the console.

And I do not see where you have indicated the probe packages?
You do need them (and they are available on the Bioconductor site).

 Robert

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 03:03:27PM -0500, Tan, MinHan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried combining 2 Affybatches (HGU133A and HGU133Plus 2.0) using
> combine in matchprobes, but ran into the following problems.
>
> I used both R 1.9.0 and R 1.8.1 with the latest downloads from
> Bioconductor.
>
> > merged.data <- combine(list(DataHGU133A,DataHGU133P), c("hgu133acdf",
> "hgu133plus2cdf"), "mycdf", verbose=TRUE)
> package:hgu133acdf      hgu133acdf
> package:hgu133plus2cdf  hgu133plus2cdf
> 0 probes in common between hgu133acdf and hgu133acdf
> Error in sequs[[i]] : subscript out of bounds
>
> Looking at the combine function, I seem to be running into problems at
> this point?
>
> > tmp <- get(upp[1], uppname[1])
> > str(tmp)
> length 0 <environment>
> > upp[1]
> [1] "hgu133acdf"
> > uppname[1]
> [1] "package:hgu133acdf"
>

> Your advice is very much appreciated!
>

> Min-Han Tan
>
> This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |