[BioC] limma ebayes

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Sat Jan 17 02:00:26 MET 2004

Actually it is because the release version has a bug when you pass an
exprSet to lmFit. The devel version has the fix, or you can hack the
line (about line 30 or so)

if(is.list(object)){

to read

if(is.list(object) & !is(object, "exprSet"){

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> Naomi Altman <naomi at stat.psu.edu> 01/16/04 3:06 PM >>>
Dear Ken,
This error message is due to having too many parameters for the number
of
observations.  You need to provide:

the experiment design (i.e. how many arrays for each condition and the
set
of conditions)
the design matrix you sent to the program

Without this information, no-one can assist you.

--Naomi Altman

At 10:11 AM 1/16/2004, kninh at mdanderson.org wrote:

>Hello Limma Developers,
>I got this error when calling ebayes after  lm.series:
>
>Error in ebayes(fit) : No residual degrees of freedom in linear model
fits

>I tried both limma 1.3.1 and 1.3.12.   I appreciate your help.
>
>thanks,
>Ken Ninh

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center