[BioC] M vs A plot

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 29 23:26:18 MET 2004

Dear Bioconductors,

	I have normalized a series of arrays using print-tip normalization.
Where as the systematic error in the unnormalized data was pronounced,
The systematic error on the normalized array was reduced greatly.
The M vs. A curve was flat for most of the 48 print-tips. However for a
few
printips, for A>12 M deviates from close to zero. in one case, M rises
as high
as M=1/2. at A=15. This only involves a small fraction of the spots (It
is hard to
estimate what proportion).

	Does this sound serious?

	If so, what should I do about it?

	Is anyone willing to look at the JPEg file (I did not attach it
because I don't
know if I am allowed to do so).

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Oncoinformatics Core
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"Spring, Summer, and Winter.
Then Fall came along,
and that's the end of our song,
and the pigeons never hibernate at all".
-Rose Friedman, age 7
(These are the correct lyrics and supersede
the version previously at the end of my sig)