[BioC] bug in limma?

Simon Melov smelov at buckinstitute.org
Fri Jan 30 18:34:08 MET 2004

OK James,
Version 1.3.14. I subset'd MA$genes by itself, tried fit, still same
error message. I then subset'd MA$M and MA$A just in case, no change -
still same error message. I then regenerated the GAL file as a CSV file
to be sure there were no idiosyncrasies with the way our gal files are
generated, same error message on fit.

One other thing, I am reading in more files than I am using in my
design (i.e. I'm reading in a 100 arrays, but am only using 52 of them
in the design - the remainder are for another design). Could this be
the source of the error? Does limma require all arrays in the initial
read-in to be used in the design?

thanks

S.

Simon Melov Ph.D