[BioC] help

Michael Stapelberg msberg at med.usyd.edu.au
Fri Jul 9 05:00:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out.

I am using Bioconductor and limma to examine my microarrat data. What I
am trying to do is eliminate any spots that have an NA between arrays
before applying the design matrix in limma and applying the eBayes
function. Even after I have  done this elimination process and have
checked it, by having a look at the M values of the top genes in the
topTable list, some of the genes still have an NA value for one array,
but designated M values for the rest of the arrays in the group.

This is what I am typing into the workspace after normalisation and
scalenormalisation:

A.object<-maA(objectscalenormalisation)
M.object<-maM(objectscalenormalisation)
Library(limma)
a<-is.na(M.object)
a<-apply(a,1,sum)
b[b==0]
which[b==0]
zero<-which(b==0)
x<-
list(A=maA(objectscalenormalisation)[zero,],M=maM(objectscalenormalisati
on)[zero,]
x.lmFit<-lmFit(x,c(1,-1,1,-1))
x.lmFit.Bayes<-eBayes(x.lmFit)
plot(x.lmFit.Bayes$coef,x.lmFit.Bayes$lods)
topTable(x.lmFit.Bayes,n=100)