[BioC] Difference between normalizeWithinArrays and stat.ma

Saroj Mohapatra saroj at wayne.edu
Tue Jul 13 22:11:46 CEST 2004

Dear friends

I have recently migrated to R (8.0) for analysis of microarray data. I
am doing a loess (print-tip, perhaps scaled) normalization. I find that
there are 2 options to do this: using normalizeWithinArrays (Limma) and
stat.ma(sma). I find the objects returned by the two functions are
different, however the M and A values seem to be the same. Is one
function preferable over the other? Any feedback regarding this would be
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Saroj

Saroj K Mohapatra, MD
Research Associate
Karmanos Cancer Institute
Wayne State University School of Medicine
110 E. Warren, Room 311
Detroit MI 48201
313-833-0715 x2424
saroj at wayne.edu