[BioC] what normalization method does mas5 use

Brian Bennett brianb00 at gwu.edu
Wed Jul 14 20:26:12 CEST 2004

Hello-

I'm using the affy spike-in latin square data to try to determine which summarization technique is the best.  I was wondering if anyone new what normalization technique mas5 uses in BioConductor.  I have been using quantiles for rma, dChip, plier, and gcrma.  I just used the mas5() command to normalize and summarize without considering its technique.  I have to go back and renormalize and resummarize if quantile normalization is not its default normalization method in order to yield more consistant data.

Thank you,
Brian Bennett

brianb00 at gwu.edu