[BioC] limma

Peter Wilkinson pwilkinson at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 14 23:36:35 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I would like to explore the idea of creating a function that is
a  modification of the normalizeWithinArrays() with printtiploess option of
the limma package.

We are spot quality control prior to normalization which results in some
genes being dropped. Once that happens then we no longer have complete
sub-grids; normlizeWithinArrays will nor longer work with the printtip
loess option. So I wish to make a modification to the normalizeWithinArrays
function that will re-index each sub-grid, so that the print top loess can
be performed.

So I have been looking for the source code for limma, but it seams to be
unavailable since the package is distributed as a binary. I have checked
the author's page but its not there either.

I would like permission to look into the limma package source code and
re-factor the normalizeWithinArrays() function to do what I want.

Can somebody send me the source code ?

Peter