[BioC] Re: How to read flag info from ImaGene output file

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Jul 16 06:03:36 CEST 2004

There is no ImaGene output column called "flags", it is called "Flag".
See for example

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2004-March/date.html#4154

> Hi Gordon
>
> Thanks for the response. I have another question.
>
> I am reading Imagene output files using read.maimages (Limma) or
> ImaGeneData$read (Aroma). The former can read both files simultaneously
> whereas the latter reads each file separately. I was using read.maimages
> until I found that I could not get the flag information from the data.
> At some point of pre-processing I need to exclude the spots with certain
> flag values associated with it (the flags are attached during image
> quantification). Suppose I would like to exclude all the spots with a
> flag value of more than 0.

To do that you need

myfun <- function(x) as.numeric(x$Flag <= 0)

Gordon