[BioC] cant draw GO graph labels

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 18 15:41:12 CEST 2004

> I'm experimenting with using GOstats, trying to draw graphs with
> Rgraphviz. If I follow the example in oneGOGraph.html I get a graph
> which is just circles and arrows, but no labels on the nodes.
> The plot functions gives warnings "Label GO:0003680 is too large for
> node in: drawTxtLabel ..." as below.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get labels on the
> graph ?

Really the only way is to make sure that your nodes are plotted larger
(either from increasing the size of the plot device or using less
nodes).  What happens is that Rgraphviz will first try to display the
label at the default size, but if that would be too large it tries any
smaller font sizes available.  If none of them are small enough, instead
of plotting the node/label such that the label is too large for the node,
it gives the warning that you're seeing.

-J