[BioC] Re: [R] RE: Comparison of correlation coefficients - Details

idimakos at upatras.gr idimakos at upatras.gr
Wed Jul 21 18:07:12 CEST 2004

That sounds very close to a meta-analytic comparison of two statistics.
As a matter of fact, the Rosenthal & Rubin approach transforms all primary
statistics into Pearson r and then to Fisher's z and then follows with
comparisons.  More, comparisons can take into account sample sizes, or the
value of some other predictor variable.

I believe there is a Rosenthal book on meta-analysis published by Sage
publications, as well as a Brian Mullen book published by Lawrence
Erlbaum.
Brian Mullen's book comes (or used to come) with a meta.exe program to
perform meta-analyses.

Hope this helps,

Ioannis