[BioC] Re:limma

daniela.marconi at libero.it daniela.marconi at libero.it
Wed Jul 21 18:34:42 CEST 2004

Hi
 I'm using limma for an affymetrix dataset.
For summarize which is the most relavant differential expressed genes I use classifyTestsF() and I extract up-regulated and down-regulated genes. At the same time i look at the results of the fit with topTable()  (sorted by B). But the genes are different. Is it  possible? Why? Is B (probability log odds) a god estimator?
 What is the better solution, to summarize my results, between B and F-statistics?
 Thanks
 Daniela Marconi