[BioC] Multiple testing correction on 2-Way ANOVA

Eric emblal at uky.edu
Tue Jul 27 19:31:26 CEST 2004

Hi,

I apologize for this being off-topic- it's really a statistical question
but I'd be interested in the community's input. If I run a 'per gene' 2-way
ANOVA on single channel microarray data (i.e., each gene is tested
separately by 2-Way ANOVA), should I run multiple testing correction for
each factor and interaction separately? Alternatively, should I use an
overall (omnibus) F-test, correct that for multiple testing, and treat the
main effects and interaction results as post-hoc to the overall test?

Thanks,
-E

Eric Blalock, PhD
Dept Pharmacology, UKMC
859 323-8033

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY\ \ The contents of this e-mail ...{{dropped}}