[BioC] KNN, SVM, and randomForest - How to predict test without known categories

Liu, Xin Xin.Liu at arragen.com
Wed Jul 28 10:18:12 CEST 2004

In R, before using KNN, SVM, and randomForest, a expreSet is needed to build, which require the train WITH known catagories and the test WITH known catagories. However, by definition, in supervised learning you always train (with known
catagories), then predict the test WITHOUT known catagories. I wonder how to implement this. Thank you!

Xin