[BioC] Normalizing single-channel data [was: is my normalization right?]

xpzhang xpzhang at genetics.ac.cn
Wed Jun 2 04:52:01 CEST 2004

Dear Gordon,

Thank you very much!

I will try the method that you teach me as soon as possible.

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:44:25 +1000
Gordon Smyth <smyth at wehi.edu.au> wrote:

> Firstly, let me point out that your text file doesn't contain the "raw
> data" from Genepix since it doesn't contain background intensities. Have
> you already subtracted the background or have you just ignored it? What did
> you do with the Genepix flags?
  Here I talk something about my data which will be used for
normalization. The scanner is Axon's 4000B.I chose the raw data from
*.gpr file, and I only chose two columns, one is F532 Median, the other
is B532 median. Then I subtracted the backgroud from F532 Median by
Excel.At last, I got a *.text file just as I described last time.

And there is another question about the sbutraction.After I substracted
the backgroud, I got some data negative.I think it is really
unreasonable.And what will be if I did not substract the backgroud? Is
there more errors in the data with background subtraction than that without
background substraction?

--
Xiaopeng ZHANG<xpzhang at genetics.ac.cn>