[BioC] gcrma and other normalizations

Raffaele Calogero raffaele.calogero at unito.it
Wed Jun 2 07:09:13 CEST 2004

Hi,
if a don't mistake the present implementation of gcrma uses directly the
quantile normalization.
Is there any command to switch off the quantile normalization, or how
can I modify the gcrma function to eliminate the quantile normalization?

Since I would like to see  the effect of other normalization procedures
on gcrma, is it a risonable procedure to normalize the data first  and
subsequently applying the gcrma intensity calculation, after having
modified the function in orther to remove the quantile normalization?

data<-ReadAffy()
data.invariant<-normalize(data, method="invariantset")
data.gcrma.inv<-gcrma(data) #

Raffaele

--
Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero