[BioC] large amount of slides/ out of memory

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jun 9 04:06:09 CEST 2004

Note too that if you are simply doing RMA on the chips, you can use
justRMA which will give identical results, but using far less RAM.

HTH,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> "Simon Lin" <simon.lin at duke.edu> 06/08/04 5:28 PM >>>
"Out of memory error" is a common challenge of running a very large
batch of
Affymetrix chips with RMA or gcRMA.
To solve this program, I am working on a dcExpresso function. It is in
alpha
stage now. I will move it into beta release in the next two weeks.
Best regards,

Simon

  Simon M. Lin, M.D.
  Manager, Duke Bioinformatics Shared Resource
  Assistant Research Professor, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
  Box 3958, Duke University Medical Center
  Rm 286 Hanes, Trent Dr, Durham, NC 27710
  Ph: (919) 681-9646 FAX: (919) 681-8028
  Lin00025 (at) mc.duke.edu
  http://dbsr.duke.edu