[BioC] negative expression values

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 12:19:53 CEST 2004

Hi Arne

I quite often use the "set negative to one" approach, however, for the
record I must say there is a problem with this, as setting one value of
a ratio to 1 can result in very skewed ratios at low intensity levels
e.g. if Cy5=24 and Cy3=1, then my ratio is 24, which suggests a SERIOUS
amount of upregulation, when in effect the gene is probably "switched
off" in both channels.

It is important to be aware of this problem

Regards
Mick