[BioC] justRMA segmentation fault

Danila Ulyanov Danila.Ulyanov at umassmed.edu
Fri Jun 11 21:34:18 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with justRMA causing segmentation fault when an R
script is ran from command line via
# R --no-save < rscript

The only two lines that get executed are:
 >library(affy)
 >rma <- justRMA("file1","file2","file3","file4")

Then I get:

Background correcting

Normalizing

Calculating Expression
Segmentation Fault

And the script aborts.

When this is done from within R, it always runs fine - no errors. But if
the same commands are passed as a text file - it causes segmentation fault.

This seems to be happen randomly depending on the files selected and R
versions. For version 1.8.1 different file combinations cause
segmentation fault than for version 1.9.0. So what causes segmentation
fault in 1.8.1, does not in 1.9.0 and vice versa. I tried deleting
everything and installing a new version from scratch, but with the same
result. Same file combinations fail for same versions, even on different
machines.

If anyone knows how to fix this or has an idea on how to circumvent
passing commands through a file from an external script, I would greatly
appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Danila