[BioC] Re: matchprobes vignette?

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 16 17:03:32 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:08:51PM +0200, Michael Seewald wrote:

> Dear Wolfgang, dear Robert,
>
> It seems that the vignette of matchprobes is broken. I am using 1.9.1 alpha
> (2004-05-25) and matchprobes 1.0.8. This is what I get:
>
> > library(affy)
> > library(matchprobes)
> > openVignette()
> Please select (by number) a vignette
> 1: Handling probe sequence information
> 2: Biobase Primer
> 3: Howto Bioconductor
> 4: HowTo  HowTo
> 5: esApply Introduction
> Selection: 1
> Error in switch(ext[length(ext)], pdf = openPDF(vigFiles[index]), html =
> browseURL(paste("file://",  :
>         Don't know how to handle this vignette

 Are you able to open any of the vignettes? And, do you in fact have a pdf
 for this vignette?  You can tell by looking in the directory that the
 R library is installed in
  .libPaths()
 will tell you the root, then from there look in matchprobes/doc

 and you should see matchprobes.pdf

you may not have your pdf viewer properly set,

  options("pdfviewer")

 should be checked

> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot & best wishes,
> Michael

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |