[BioC] regarding tcltk-Ex.R X11 error 1

SAURIN saurin_jani at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 18:49:57 CEST 2004

Dear Bioconductor,

I am student at University of NewHaven,CT,USA and i found your email in to newcastle.edu message
board.  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/05/0486.html

I am installing R 1.9.latest on AMD 64 running Fedora 2 from remote shell. I have root access.

when I downloaded R-1.9.*.tgz and unpack it and run ./coinfigure it ran nice after doing simple
change the line in src/modules/X11/dataentry.c:
> /* don't use X11 function prototypes (which tend to ...): */
> #define NeedFunctionPrototypes 0
> #define NeedFunctionPrototypes 1

and then i did : "make"  it went fine.

after that I did "make check" it gave me below error:

running code in 'tcltk-Ex.R' ...X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
make[4]: *** [tcltk-Ex.Rout] Error 1

Could you please help me doing this.

I highly appreciate your help in this,

Thank you so much,