[BioC] Regarding Tcltk and CDF error

SAURIN saurin_jani at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 17:35:17 CEST 2004

Dear Bioconductor,

I have installed R-1.9.1 on my AMD 64 remotely..! [ imp. remotely] i have installed all
bioconductor pkgs except Rgraphviz and Rhdf5 !! I am running R scripts and..I have following
errors :

> library(tcltk,warn.conflicts = FALSE);

Error in fun(...) : no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace
Error in library(tcltk, warn.conflicts = FALSE) :
        package/namespace load failed

> library(affy,warn.conflicts = FALSE);
> library(affyPLM,warn.conflicts = FALSE);
> library(simpleaffy,warn.conflicts = FALSE);
Creating a new generic function for "plot" in "simpleaffy"
Welcome to 'simpleaffy'
      Produced by The Paterson Institute for Cancer Research
      and funded by CANCER RESEARCH UK.
      http://bioinformatics.picr.man.ac.uk/simpleaffy
      mailto: microarray at picr.man.ac.uk

.............code........

> abatch <- read.affybatch(filenames = my.filenames,phenoData = my.pheno);
> abatch

Error in cdfName(object) : No direct or inherited method for function "cdfName" for this call
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=712x712 features (15849 kb)
cdf=HG-U133A (??? affyids)
number of samples=4
Error in cdfName(object) : No direct or inherited method for function "cdfName" for this call
In addition: Warning message:
missing cdf environment ! in: show(structure(list(), exprs = structure(c(159.5, 14118.5, 192.5,

Thank you all,

Saurin