[BioC] homoPkgBuilder (AnnBuilder 1.4.2/1.4.6) exits with errors

Gunnar Wrobel bioc at gunnarwrobel.de
Tue Jun 29 12:01:01 CEST 2004

Dear List,

I am trying to use the homoPkgBuilder-function from the AnnBuilder-package but
did not yet succeed in getting it to work.

I used AnnBuilder-1.4.2 on R-1.8.1 first. The function exits with an error about
the object "tempList" not being defined. As far as I can see from the 1.4.2
code, this variable is used in the mapPS function but never defined.

So I switched to R-1.9.1 and AnnBuilder-1.4.6 because the mapPS function looked
like the problem got fixed. This time the function exits with

Error in getClass(Class, where = topenv(parent.frame())) :
        "homoData" is not a defined class

Looking at the code I assume that the function "getHomoData" tries to return an
object of a class that has not been defined in the AnnBuilder package. Do I
have to install another developmental package to get the class definition? I
did look at Biobase but did not find anything there.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Gunnar

Gunnar Wrobel

Divisions of Bioinformatics and Biochemistry
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics/Biozentrum
Klingelbergstrasse 50/70
CH-4056 Basel / Switzerland
Tel.: +41 61 267 1579
Fax:  +41 61 267 3398