[BioC] Re: LimmaGUI

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Mon Mar 1 01:53:31 MET 2004

Hi Binita,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble installing limmaGUI and
the Tcl/Tk extensions it needs.  Generally the easiest way to
install the extensions in Windows is to use ActiveTcl:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActiveTcl/

ActiveTcl has a pretty good setup wizard.  You should log in as
administrator before running it so that it creates an entry in
the Windows Registry.

If you are trying to install limmaGUI without ActiveTcl, then
you may be able to ignore the warning that ActiveTcl could not
be found.  I do have a bundled version of R + some Tcl/Tk stuff
+ limmaGUI, limma etc. somewhere on the limmaGUI site
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limmaGUI/

so if that's what you are trying to use, then maybe you can
ignore the warning about ActiveTcl, but it certainly wouldn't
hurt to install ActiveTcl.

Always trying to improve installation methods, but there are
various licensing and packaging issues I've had trouble with
along the way.

Hope this helps,
James

James Wettenhall                                  Tel: (+61 3) 9345 2629
Division of Genetics and Bioinformatics           Fax: (+61 3) 9347 0852
The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute         E-mail: wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
 of Medical Research,                     Mobile: (+61 / 0 ) 438 527 921
1G Royal Parade,
Parkville, Vic 3050, Australia
http://www.wehi.edu.au