[BioC] nature review article

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Thu Mar 4 02:45:21 MET 2004

have you looked at:

http://affycomp.biostat.jhsph.edu/

?

we have various measures of singal and various measures of precission
(noise) for comparing expression measures.  having just one singal to
noise ratio may be a bit simplistic but you can look at the areas under
the ROC curves for the task of detecting differentially expressed genes as
bottom line results that depends directly on the signal to noise ratios.