[BioC] problem with mva.pairs

Johannes Freudenberg mai98ftu at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Mar 4 19:39:50 MET 2004

Francesca,

I don't remember that my R session actually crashed. I think, it just takes
forever. Therefore I randomly select a subset of, say, 10,000 PMs and use this
subset instead:

index <- sample(1:(dim(pm(myAffyData))[1]), 10000)
mva.pairs(pm(myAffyData)[index,])

I don't think it's necessary or even helpful to use all 200,000 PMs for the MvA
plots.

Best,
Johannes