[BioC] memory

Joshi, Nina (NIH/NCI) joshini at mail.nih.gov
Fri Mar 5 01:03:10 MET 2004

I am using the NIH Nimbus system (unix) to analyze 140 chips with
bioconductor.  I can upload 10 chips without a problem; however, when I try
to upload the 140 chips I receive an error: cannot allocate vector of size
526746 KB.  I increased the memory in unix as follows:  R -vsize=2500M
-nsize=24M.  While this command increased the memory, I still receive the
same error message.  Does anyone have another idea?

Thanks,

Nina

Nina Joshi, PhD

NIH/NCI/ Genetics Branch

National Naval Medical Center, Bldg. 8, Rm. 5101

8901 Wisconsin Ave.

Bethesda, MD. 20889-5101

(301) 435-5436 - phone

(301) 496-0047 - fax