[BioC] getting started

Jean Yee Hwa Yang jean at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 11 01:05:49 MET 2004

Hi Dennis,

Put all you gpr files and the gal file in the same directory.
Set your working directory to where your data is. The type:

library(marrayTools)
library(marrayPlots)
data <- gpTools(raw=TRUE)
data at maGb <- data at maRb <- matrix(0,0,0)
datanorm <- maNorm(data)
write.xls(maM(datanorm), file="results.xls")

The above 6 lines will perfrom all diagnostic plots, do the normalization
and output the results.  If you don't need diagnostic plots, just try

library(marrayTools)
gpTools(bg=FALSE, quality=FALSE, plot=FALSE)

and it will out put the normalized data for you in the same directory.

Cheers

Jean
 Jean Yee Hwa Yang			 jean at biostat.ucsf.edu
 Lung Biology Center, 		           Tel: (415) 476-3368
 University of California,		   Fax: (415) 476-6014
 500 Parnassus Avenue, MU 420-W,  San Francisco, CA 94143-0560