[BioC] questions about Affy package from new user: onemore question

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Mon Mar 15 17:22:42 MET 2004

The rownames of HGU-133A and HGU-133B are not unique (there is about 100+
redundancies). You might want to add these codes before rbind() to avoid any
confusion later.

A <- exprs(exprSetA)
rownames(A) <- paste("A.", rownames(A))
B <- exprs(exprSetB)
rownames(B) <- paste("B.", rownames(B))

Also, doing normalization before summary is better because we have more
information to utilize at probe level.