[BioC] justGCRMA normalisation options?

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 19 17:37:20 MET 2004

>  Will the fast version have options for normalisation
> other than the default quantiles? QN is good for merging replicates,
> which should all have the same distribution. However, it introduces
> artifacts when comparing chips from different conditions which are
> observed to have different distributions.

Almost every sophisticated normalization method would introduce this same
"artifact" to one degree  or another. However, what I have typically
observed is that great differences in distribution between conditions are
more often then not due to technical differences (often confounded with
the conditions since people typically do not seem to randomize).