[BioC] justGCRMA normalisation options?

Arne.Muller at aventis.com Arne.Muller at aventis.com
Fri Mar 19 18:36:30 MET 2004

Hi,

For affymetrix the stringest differences occure during to the RNA extraction
and purification steps - at least that's my experience. I'm trying to analyze
3 dataset that "should" be the same (same tratment) but have been generated
with slightely different purification kits. The data distributions (visually
inspected kernel density plots) are quite different.

I guess 'vsn' might be a  better choice for when there are strong differences
in the distributions since it takes into account the variance effects, e.g.
one experimental batch might have higher intensities due to a better
amplification.

Anyway, it's just a suggestions. Might be realy good if different
normalisation methods could be passed to gcrma or justRMA.

	regards,

	Arne
--
Arne Muller, Ph.D.