[BioC] Problem with limma - psigamma?

Matthew Hannah Hannah at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Tue Mar 23 08:38:05 CET 2004

Thanks very much for that link, the printout I gave was from the R1.9 I
downloaded on 6/02/04 from the link for downloading Rdevel from the
bioCdevel page, which I assumed was the latest version.
http://www.bioconductor.org/downloadingRdevel.html

This link to the download no longer functions and I have been looking to
see if there was a newer version but (maybe I missed it) there is no
obvious link from the R homepage, such as from the developer page or the
cran download page.

>rw10910dev *does* include 'psigamma'. Tetragamma() is now a Deprecated
>function which as been replaced by psigamma(), hence I was forced to
>replace tetragamma() with psigamma() in limma. The limma code checks for
>which version of R it is getting so that limma will work in both R 1.8.1
>and R 1.9.0

It seems I was unlucky in having the only version of R which didn't work
with limma as it was recognised as 1.9, but as it was prior to the alpha
release it didn't have psigamma.

>Down-load the latest R 1.9.0, available from
>http://cran.at.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rdevel.html. The print-out
>that you give below is not from R1.9.0alpha.

Thanks, for sorting this out for me, and pointing me in the right direction
for keeping Rdevel up to date.

Matt