[BioC] Problem with latest win32 package installs

Matthew Hannah Hannah at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Wed Mar 24 16:43:21 CET 2004

Hi,

I downloaded 1.9beta and reinstalled all of BioC devel via

>source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
>getBioC(relLevel="devel")

and when I came to load library(affy) it told me it could not find a file.
After investigating I found the aff>data folder still contained an RData.zip
file. I extracted this and affy loaded fine. But looking through the
libraries almost all the data folders contain these zip files (affy,
annotate, base, Biobase etc...

I had this problem with a probe metadata package and it was corrected and
worked fine. Is it possible to change the packages available for download
so I don't have to go through all the libraries extracting files which would
a long time.

I assume I'm not the only one with this problem, or is it something to do
with the zip file extraction on my computer?

Thanks
Matt