[BioC] Affy : Cel/Cdf files

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Mar 24 16:44:30 CET 2004

You don't have to specify the download type, as reposTools will figure
it out for you. The difference is what operating system you are using.
Since you are on windows, you got a win32 package, which was the correct
result.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> Willy Wynant <Willy.Wynant at curie.fr> 03/24/04 10:36AM >>>
Hi,

I am trying to understand the affy package and more specially the rma
function. I type :

> data<-ReadAffy()

toto<-rma(data,subset=NULL,verbose=TRUE,destructive=TRUE,normalize=TRUE,backgrounbackground=TRUE,bgversion=1)

and I've got as result :

Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download mgu74av2cdf from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/repos/"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing mgu74av2cdf"
Note: Running R version 1.8.1 and package mgu74av2cdf was built for R
version 1.8.0
  , installing anyway.

[1] "Installation complete"
Background correcting
Normalizing
Calculating Expression

How should I decide which download type I have to specify? What are the

differences between all of these "cdf-types" ?

Could you help me?

Thank you.