[BioC] problem installing bioconductor

V.C.L. de Jager v.dejager at erasmusmc.nl
Wed May 5 16:30:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install bioconductor on RedHat 7.3. Installation of reposTools
gives the following message:
---------------------------------------
> getBioC(relLevel="release")
Running getBioC version 1.2.55....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

[1] "Installing reposTools ..."
* Installing *source* package 'reposTools' ...
** R
Error: couldn't find function ".installPackageCodeFiles"
Execution halted
ERROR: unable to collate files for package 'reposTools'
** Removing '/usr/lib/R/library/reposTools'
Error in getReposTools(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir, method = method,
bioCoption = bioCoption) :
        Failed to install package reposTools

I recompiled R (1.8.1) and installed it correctly as far as I can see.
I tried to find a solution on the net, but I was unable to find it. Could
you help me on track?

Victor de Jager
V.C.L. de Jager
Erasmus MC